Hi everyone! My name is Sarah Holman (she/her) and I am a 4th year BFA student at UVIC. I am majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Digital and Interactive Media. My specialization is in screenwriting and I hope to work in the film industry after graduating from UVIC!

A little bit about me: I am from the Okanagan, I live in a tiny little town called Armstrong about an hour away from Kelowna. In the summers, I come home and work at a Cidery, bartending and serving. I love my little hometown but also love spending the school year in Victoria. I spend my spare time sewing, reading, hiking and doing yoga, and also work part time as a caretaker for a seasonal house.

I got the opportunity to work on a short film set this past year, which really inspired me to pursue a career in the industry (and also made me want to graduate ASAP, which is why I am taking some summer courses, including this one). After graduating in December 2022, I plan to look for work in Victoria and Vancouver on film projects of any kind, or might go abroad and work for awhile.

I am really looking forward to spending the summer semester with all of you.

Cheers!

Sarah Holman